Thursday, June 26, 2014

5th Grade Science Choice Boards

These choice boards are great activities for early finishers and they provide differentiation for your students.  There are 3 boards in this set: Earth Science, Life Science, and Physical Science.  There are several ways you can use these in your classroom, but here's what I do.  I assign the choice board after finishing an entire science unit and students have approximately 4 weeks to earn 30 points.  The activities on the board are worth 5, 10, or 15 points.  The higher the points, the more complex the activity/project.  This year will be my first year using these, but with the new TKES evaluation system differentiation is a BIG part of teacher performance.  My goal in making these was to give students more opportunities to complete projects as well as to choose what type of project they wish to complete.  If you are interested in downloading these choice boards they are available in my TpT store.  Don't forget to follow me and leave some feedback!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment